The Kourion Local Museum is located in Episkopi village near Lemesos, on the road to Pafos. It is part of the private house of the late George McFadden, Assistant Director of the University of Pennsylvania, who led extensive archaeological research at ancient Kourion and its environs from 1934 until his accidental death in 1953. The museum building was completed in 1937 and is built of mudbrick with stone foundations. The house was handed over to the Department of Antiquities and part of it has been converted into a regional museum, which opened on December 15, 1969. In its two exhibition halls, the museum shelters finds from the ancient city of Kourion and its surrounding area.
Objects on display in the first hall present the earliest phases of history of the area of Kourion. The hall contains finds from the area's Bronze Age settlements and tombs, found mainly in Episkopi Faneromeni and Episkopi Pampoula but also finds from Sotira and Erimi.
The Main Exhibition Room contains archaeological finds from the region's later sites. Finds from the cemeteries of Kaloriziki and Ayios Ermogenis belong to the Cypro-Geometric period up to the Roman times. In this Room finds from the sanctuary of Apollon Hylates dating from the Archaic to the Roman period are also on display.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Admission: € 1,70
Non wheelchair accessible.